During the logging boom of the1800’s and early 1900’s logs were perfectly preserved by the icy temperatures and low oxygen content of North American lakes and rivers. The virgin forests that the timbers came from grew very slowly due to the combination of hard, rocky soils, an extremely short growing season, and the dense pine canopy that filtered the sun’s light from the shorter hardwoods. These recovered and salvaged logs are of antique quality and are as old as 500 years or more.
Timeless Timber is highly prized and sought after. It is also very scarce. The drum featured is crafted from Timeless Timber Birdseye Maple recovered from Lake Superior. The shell is one solid plank of wood, steam bent with glue-in reinforcement rings. This drum features our solid brass, single point hex lugs in chrome. In addition to our single point lugs (hexagonal and round), we also offer two point tube lugs with hexagonal or round lug heads, and single point tube lugs in either style. All of our lugs are solid brass, designed by Artisan Drumworks, and are manufactured and plated in the U.S.A. They are available in a number of plated finishes including chrome, nickel, satin nickel, black nickel, and lacquered brass. Other custom options such as several domestic and exotic wood species, custom wood hoops, and a variety of finish types are available.
This drum is sure to be a rare collector piece, as well as a performer!
Featured Snare Drum: $2085.00
• Solid (one-ply) rare Timeless Timber Birdseye Maple shell, 7 x14
• Artisan Drumworks solid brass single point hexlugs in chrome round single point lugs
• 45 degree bearing edges with a slight counter cut, slightly rounded counter cut
• 2.3mm triple flange hoops in chrome
• Trick Percussion 3-way strainer and butt plate
• Pure Sound Equalizer snare wires
• Remo Fiberskyn batter side / Ambassador SA snare side snare side
• Natural Satin Lacquer
• Lifetime Warranty
• Artisan Pro 1 Bag